Compatibility of V 3.4 with BizTalk 2010

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:07 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2010 at 3:15 AM

I have just tried to use this on a 64 bit BizTalk 2010 running on Windows 2008 R2. All seems to work except the orxchestration diagrams are missing from the documentation. Furthermore if you try "Selected Assemblies and Orchestrations" and "save selected orchestrations" you get no pictures. Has anyone else observed the same problems. I use this feature a lot to get pictures of orchestrations.

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Do you have a BTS 2010 application? Built on .Net 4? If so the Documeter can't load the dll's that host the orchestrations as the Documenter is .Net 3.5 and so is not only a different framework version but also looking in the wrong place for the dll's. You will need to download the source for the Documenter & the BiztalkOM, reset the necessary project references and recompile targeting .Net 4 & x86. You will also need to the BTS 2006 version of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll (version 3.6.1404.0).

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Yes.

OK thanks I’ll recompile etc.

Sent: Friday, 3 December 2010 10:58 p.m.
To: Mark Brimble [DATACOM]
Subject: Re: Compatibility of V 3.4 with BizTalk 2010 [BizTalkDocumenter:236801]

Do you have a BTS 2010 application? Built on .Net 4? If so the Documeter can't load the dll's that host the orchestrations as the Documenter is .Net 3.5 and so is not only a different framework version but also looking in the wrong place for the dll's. You will need to download the source for the Documenter & the BiztalkOM, reset the necessary project references and recompile targeting .Net 4 & x86. You will also need to the BTS 2006 version of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll (version 3.6.1404.0).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BizTalkDocumenter@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email BizTalkDocumenter@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I just recompiled targetting .Net4 & x86. The problem is now solved. Thanks martin.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Did anyone manage to recompile the source against BizTalk Server 2010?

I tried to do this, but it seems that the Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework class misses a number of classes which were present in the previous version.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Martin

Error 5 The type or namespace name 'NodeFactory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\ExtensionNodeFactory.cs 9 34 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 6 The type or namespace name 'ScopeNode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocNode.cs 10 30 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 7 The type or namespace name 'ComponentData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\ExtensionNodeFactory.cs 11 37 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 8 The type or namespace name 'NodeDefinition' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocNode.cs 12 24 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 9 The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 12 39 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 10 The type or namespace name 'Services' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 13 17 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 11 The type or namespace name 'Publishers' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 14 39 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 12 The type or namespace name 'ComponentData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 19 45 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 13 The type or namespace name 'FormView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 21 42 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 14 The type or namespace name 'NodeFactory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 25 25 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 15 The type or namespace name 'Documenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 26 9 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 16 The type or namespace name 'NodeFactory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 34 25 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 17 The type or namespace name 'ScopeNode' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 43 76 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 18 The type or namespace name 'ScopeNode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 48 25 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 19 The type or namespace name 'ComponentData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocNode.cs 60 24 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 20 The type or namespace name 'IConsoleNameSpace2' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 60 110 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 21 The type or namespace name 'IConsoleNameSpace2' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\MyExtensionComponentData.cs 82 92 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn
Error 22 The type or namespace name 'IPublisher' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Projecten\Kernteam BizTalk\Source\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn\DocResultView.cs 177 24 Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.SnapIn

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Yes I managed to comiple and use with BizTalk 2010. I have submitted all to this site on codeplex. I think it is still awaitng approval before it is available on site. See http://connectedpawns.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/compatibility-of-biztalk-documenter-with-biztalk-2010/  for a summary of what i did to recomplie to v 3.4.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Thank you, I missed the remark that you need the BizTalk 2006 Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll.

Now it works, although I see this as a workaround.

Still strange that some public classes have disappeared from the BizTalk 2010 version of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll.

Kind regards,

Martin

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2011 at 7:07 PM

One thing not specifically mentioned here is setting the target CPU to x86. It doesn't work properly if CPU is set to ANY.

Another thing I see is that orchestrations in the CHM don't have the "Click through and hover" feature working for 2010. Any clues there?

May 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM

. You will also need to the BTS 2006 version of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll (version 3.6.1404.0)

How do you source this file if you are running BizTalk 2009? (as this has the same issue as twinpilot indicated on a build)

I have been getting a system.null.reference exception when documenting under xml, and have been trying to build the app to see why. (microsoft.services.tools.BiztalkDocumenter.publishers.Word.WordXMLPublisher.WriteHosts(wordXMLWriter wr)

May 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM

This discussion is not about Biztalk 2009 please start you own discussion.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Hi Folks

Is there anybody out there who can send me a copy off-list of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll (version 3.6.1404.0)?

the oldest I have is v3.9.469.0...

I actually have this running in .NET v4.5 with BTS 2013 (at home), but I changed jobs 2 months ago and now I'm back on BTS 2010.

Thanks
Rob
Oct 31, 2014 at 3:27 AM
tutor wrote:
Hi Folks

Is there anybody out there who can send me a copy off-list of Microsoft.BizTalk.Snapin.Framework.dll (version 3.6.1404.0)?

the oldest I have is v3.9.469.0...

I actually have this running in .NET v4.5 with BTS 2013 (at home), but I changed jobs 2 months ago and now I'm back on BTS 2010.

Thanks
Rob
There is a new version of BizTalk Documenter , including a version for 2006 through 2010.