Error-The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I got error when running the lastest documenter (version 3.4).
The error is "System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached."

The following options are used:
- Include Rules Engine Documentation
- Use "Resource Folder" containing the "titlePage.htm" and some extra images.
- Use "Specific BizTalk Application", select just 1 app containing few interfaces.

Any idea/suggestion?

Thanks,
Eka

Developer
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Hi,

Thats quite strange because we used to get SQL Connection timeouts for very large installations (100+ orchs and multiple apps) and then we increased the timeout massively to work around this. Is the SQL remote or local ?

benjy

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Hi Benjy,

The SQL is local (same box). The BizTalk app only contains 12 orchestrations.
I have also restarted the machine and make sure nothing heavy is running but it is still timing out.

Thanks,
Eka 

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Same Problem here. Tried it with documenting each single application but neither that will seem to work for every. They are not really big, so it´s a bit frustrating.

Regards,

René
Apr 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM
I have the same issue, documenter refuses to work.

Has anyone already found a solution?

I noticed documenter (Microsoft.Services.Tools.BiztalkDocumenter.exe) takes up ALL available memory before stopping to spend any CPU usage and after a few seconds (5-30?) the error message appears.
Sep 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM
santoshbenjamin wrote:
Hi, Thats quite strange because we used to get SQL Connection timeouts for very large installations (100+ orchs and multiple apps) and then we increased the timeout massively to work around this. Is the SQL remote or local ? benjy
Hi Santosh,

I understand this was reported way back but I have the exact same issue on my stage environment. The application chosen has about 15 orchestrations (multiple versions of the same dlls exist) along with many schemas and pipelines (again multiple versions of the same artifact coexists). Have you worked out a solution for this?

Let me know if you would like more information.

Thanks in advance,
Deepa