Cast error when using Word as output provider

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Hi!

When I use chm as output provider everything works like a charm on my Windows Server 2003.
But I want to use Word as output provider, and that is where my problems begin and I get an error saying:

"Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.NameIdPair' to type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.SendPort'."

Has anyone else seen this, and more importantly: does anyone have a solution?

//Nisse
Oct 6, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem with output as Word. I am getting the same error "Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.NameIdPair' to type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.SendPort'." when I select my Orchestrations project, otherwise for my Pipelines, Schemas and Maps it is working fine.

Can someone from BizTalk Documenter team look into this.

Developer
Dec 9, 2009 at 8:00 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Developer
Dec 9, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hi,

This seems to be a common issue for a number of people. I think its been fixed but will review the code for v3.2.1

Cheers

Benjy

Developer
Feb 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Hi,

This has now been fixed in v3.3

Benjy

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Hi Benjamin,

I´ve recently installed your last BizTalk documenter v3.3 and still I am getting the same error "Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.NameIdPair' to type 'Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.SendPort'."

Also I´ve been trying to get the Doc report doing specific box-checks from my BizTalk application, once i got the Doc report and try to open use the MS word a semicolon error appears:

Details
Semicolon expected

Web error Code:

- <w:p>
- <w:r>
  <w:t />
  </w:r>
The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/TEST/documenter/BizTalk Documentation - CTCDS600...

<v:shape id='_x0000_i1025' type='16f83e0d-1d27-42c6-8745-40940c2b5768' style='v-align: center;width:500pt;height:78pt'>...
V>
  </w:p>
- <w:tbl>
- <w:tblPr>
  <w:tblW w:w="0" w:type="auto" />
  <w:tblStyle w:val="tab1" />
  </w:tblPr>
- <w:tr>

Developer
Feb 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Hi Alberto,

These are strange errors. I will try to repro the send port issue.

For the second one, the Word output, I'm not sure what the problem could be. maybe its some service pack issue. We write the Word XML directly and when you use the "Show output on completion" checkbox, Winword is automatically launched so we dont have any control over the rendering actually. I will try and repro on another box (separate from the one i use to develop the app on) and see if i can get the same error.

Thanks,

Benjy